Achieving Excellence in Customer Service
Course Code: CUSTCARE
Duration: 1 Day
Positive route to success.
Anyone who communicates with internal and/or external customers and provides a service to them, either face to face or on the telephone, needs to understand the importance of good customer care.
This programme is for you if you need to increase your awareness of customer relationship building and understand its importance to the organisation. You will also learn some simple, reliable and effective coping strategies and techniques for dealing with difficult and challenging people.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Understand the impact that each of us has on the customer and the organisation
▪ Explore the meaning and importance of customer care and identify your customers
▪ Recognise our role in managing customer expectations and taking ownership
▪ Use a range of simple and reliable techniques for managing challenging people
▪ Consider methods of expressing yourself positively and communicating with confidence
▪ Appreciate the impact of language – verbal and non-verbal – and how to use it for maximum effect
▪ Examine methods of building rapport and changing attitude and perception through communication tools
▪ Assess the various methods of communication and when to apply them
Introduction and Objectives
Managing Customer Expectations
▪ Who are our customers and what do they expect?
▪ How customer perceptions are formed
Customer Care and the Development of our Business
▪ What is customer care?
▪ Appreciating each other’s roles
▪ Winning customer loyalty
▪ What is the benefit to me?
Barriers to Communication
▪ When and how things go wrong
▪ Taking ownership
▪ Proactive versus reactive behaviour
▪ How we affect others
▪ Attitude and perspective
Using our Powerful Communication Tools
▪ Voice control
▪ Body language
▪ Effective listening
▪ First impressions
▪ The impact of language
▪ Communication methods
▪ Building rapport
Planning Telephone Calls
▪ Maximising your time
▪ Direction and goals
▪ Maintaining control
Handing Challenging Situations and People
▪ All people are different
▪ Our reaction, our choice
▪ Assertive or aggressive – what’s the difference?
▪ Coping strategies for positive outcomes
▪ Personal action plan
Review of Programme