Website AKRON HEALTHCARE LTD
Monday-Friday: Either 9am-4pm or 11am-6pm
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roles and responsibilities will invlude:
- To ensure that the pharmacy environment is welcoming, clean and professional.
- To greet customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To accurately complete financial transactions with customers.
- To know and understand the main features of stocked lines and the benefits to customers.
- To receive prescriptions from customers and ensure they reach the dispensary in a timely manner.
- To inform the customer of approximate waiting times and to manage their expectations.
- To select, label and dispense pharmaceutical products in accordance with a prescription by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complying with all legal requirements.
- To ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients.
- To accurately maintain Patient Medication Records (PMR) to ensure patient safety and in accordance with data protection requirements.
- To answer queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within your competence.
- To receive stock in accordance with SOPs.
- To ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines.
- To assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the pharmacy environment.
- To liaise with other healthcare professionals to assist in the continuity of patient care across primary and secondary care
- To provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle (after training provided).
- To refer to the pharmacist when appropriate.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of medicines and minor ailments by reading journals, product information and training resources.
Full training will be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of IT literacy and numeracy
- A warm and friendly but professional attitude towards customers.
- An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable not essential).
- Experience of handling money and maintaining finance records (desirable not essential).
- Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
GCSE at grades 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent) in maths and English is desirable but not essential.
To be working towards an accredited Dispensing Assistant Apprenticeship under the guidance of the pharmacist upon completion of Customer Service Practitioner Level 2.
To apply for this job email your details to Abbi.firstname.lastname@example.org.