An Introduction to Project Management
Course Code: INTPM
Duration: 1 Day
Do you wonder what projects and project and management are all about?
Projects are rapidly becoming an integral part of the activities of all organisations. As a result, many people find that they have to ‘buy in’ project management or that they rub shoulders with project team members in a variety of ways.
This programme is for you if your work brings you into contact with projects. It includes formal input and discussions to introduce you to the basic concepts, principles, and terminology of project management.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Differentiate between project and non-project work
▪ Define what good project management includes
▪ Describe the roles required in project management
▪ List the phases in a project management lifecycle
▪ Identify the key elements in defining a project
▪ Recognise effective planning techniques that focus on results
▪ Identify the controls needed to manage a project to a successful conclusion
Introduction to Project Management
▪ What is a project?
▪ What is project management?
▪ Project roles and responsibilities
The Project Lifecycle
▪ Phases of a project
▪ Who does it?
▪ What are the outputs?
▪ How are those achieved?
▪ Work breakdown structures
▪ Project networks
▪ Gantt charts
▪ Resource management
▪ Project costing
▪ Project control process
▪ Risk management
▪ Project reporting
▪ Change control
▪ Project closure
Review of Programme