Building And Managing Remote teams – Virtual Session
Course Code: BUILMAN
Duration: ½ Day
This programme helps managers to support their remote teams by examining the team’s experience and levels of self-motivation and to adopt the most appropriate methods of communication to maintain continual contact. Participants will explore the success factors and challenges experienced by remote teams, helping them develop management plan to overcome the problems of working effectively together across distance.
This programme is for you if you currently or are going to be managing remote teams and you would like to understand what challenges you will come across and how to get the best out of your team.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Adopt practises to increase communication and ensure remote workers form into engaged teams.
- Maintain, control and open communication between them to ensure each project achieves its deliverables effectively.
- Motivate and lead the team to enable them to work autonomously.
- Make most effective use of the key resources available to you and achieve the project objectives.
- Review the operational framework to facilitate and lead the team
- Utilise the appropriate leadership style to facilitate progress with their team
- Appreciate the differences between traditional teams and remote teams
Leadership Style for Remote Teams
- Understand people’s different styles of communication and behaviours
- Identify the actions to take to motivate
- Use the distance to effective use where appropriate
Managing Performance and Mentoring
- Facilitate skill sharing, mentoring and co-operation by ability involving problem solving abilities when working remotely
- Understand the importance of meeting the emotional, psychological and physical requirements of remote team members
- Implement an agreed behaviour contract by setting out the performance standards required
Communication, Control and Resources
- Adopt motivational and leadership strategies to maximise communication
- Clearly establish team purpose
- Establish practical and emotional support systems for remote teams
- Establish a method for recording accountability for all tasks
Review of Programme
Request Further Information
To find out more about course availability and pricing please complete the form below and we will be in touch.