BUILDING HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
Course Code: TEAMWORK
Duration: 1 DayRequest availability & pricing
The benefits of being a team player.
Today’s focus on project working brings people together in teams, so the ability to be a ‘team player’ is essential. Being able to work with others and to recognise that the whole is bigger (and more successful) than the sum of the parts is key to team working.
Team Building is a practical programme. You will take part in a range of activities that will enable you to actually experience team dynamics. In addition, you will be able to discuss team performance, the importance of communication within a team and how to transfer your new understanding back in the workplace.
This programme is for you if you are keen to learn about team dynamics: which personalities are most likely to combine effectively and how to deal with challenges from within the team.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Understand the dynamics of teambuilding
▪ Define the nature and characteristics of a ‘Champion’ team
▪ Plan team actions and improve communication within the team
▪ Get to know the team members
▪ Combine team energies
Introduction and Objectives
Identifying the Resources
▪ Knowing your team and how they can contribute
▪ Recognising the strengths of the team and compensating for areas of weakness
▪ Using leadership to influence and improve performance
Communicating with the Team
▪ Ensuring the communication process is ‘open’
▪ Ensuring ‘activity’ fits with the business goals
▪ Clarifying and checking understanding
▪ Engaging everyone in the process
▪ Looking for improvements continually and sharing ideas
▪ Recognising when changes need to happen
▪ Developing standards for your team
▪ Working with those standards
▪ Buying people in
▪ Monitoring and maintaining standards
Looking to Improve the Work Processes
▪ Pooling the resources of the team
▪ Listening for ideas and creativity
▪ Responding and encouraging contribution
▪ Continual improvement is continual!
Planning to Transfer the Learning
▪ What needs to change
▪ Committing to personal actions
▪ Reviewing and improving
Review of Programme
Inspiring and Motivating
Driving High Performance