Website Castleford Medical Practice
Are you a motivated individual, looking to build the first steps of a successful career in Customer Service? Castleford Medical Practise are looking for a confident and outgoing individual to join their busy and expanding team. If you are a hardworking enthusiastic individual looking to start your career apply now!
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate and gain Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification.
The working week will consist of 37.5 Hours, Monday-Friday, between the hour of 8am – 6:30pm The weekly wage is set at £200.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
- Opening up the surgery – doors, telephone, computer, post sorting and collating and ensuring the answering machine is switched over before morning surgery [8am] and checked following evening surgery [6.30pm] on time.
- Receiving patients in the receptions area, checking name, address and date of birth are same as on computer.
- Receive incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously and recording messages correctly in the message book, transferring calls and messages to the Doctor, Practice Manager, Practice Staff and Primary Health Care Team.
- Receive requests for home visits and emergency calls.
- Maintain all clerical aspects of repeat prescription service and hospital referral letters and ensure all repeat prescriptions are entered on the patient’s computer records as collected.
- Arrange emergency and routine ambulances promptly, as and when required, enter on the computer and ensure the patient is aware of the booking.
- Tidy desks in reception area and consulting rooms, making sure there are a full range of forms every day and restocking when necessary. Supervise all practice stationery stocks and re-order/photocopy when necessary.
- Scan hospital mail and file tests and any other mail daily.
- Report to colleague taking over reception duties any issue not complete e.g. request for home visit not passed on to a doctor, call to speak to a doctor or any other matters, before leaving your post.
- Type or photocopy all letters and correspondence as required.
- Take all prescriptions out of doctor’s rooms following every surgery and lock them away in the prescriptions draw and also ensure the repeat prescription box is locked away following evening surgery in the prescription cupboard and ensure that there are no prescriptions left around.
- Record all 2WW Referrals in appropriate book and any e-mails regarding them.
- Frank and post mail daily.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate.
Castleford Medical Practice aim to provide all of their patients a comprehensive range of healthcare services raging from one-off problems to longer term illnesses.
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.