Website Cultheth Health Centre
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Greet patients and visitors to the practice
- Book in, amend and cancel patient appointment in line with practice appointments procedures ensuring optimum efficiency of the appointment system
- Ensure that patients without appointments but who need ‘urgent consultations’ are booked into appropriate slots and referred to a GP where necessary
- Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, assessing urgency in accordance with the Practice’s protocols
- Ensure computerised appointment system is up-to-date
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and temporary residents, ensure procedures are completed
- Set-up of new patients onto the computer system.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Produce repeat prescriptions according to practice procedures and ensure timely distribution of completed prescriptions
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed electronically in correct patient record.
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
- Re-stocking of information leaflets as appropriate
- Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly.
- Undertake administration tasks as allocated on rota .
- Check and deal with emails on a daily basis.
- Amalgamation of new patient records.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties, which may be requested from time-to-time.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Good standard of general education
- Excellent communication and IT Skills – Computer and keyboard literate
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working within a GP environment desirable but not essential
- Previous medical receptionist experience desirable but not essential
- Full understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Good timekeeper ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Able to work flexibly when required
- Willing and able to take part in all mandatory training
GCSE or equivalent grades C/4 or above in maths and English is required.
Monday – Friday shift rota in place
Total hours per week: 30.00
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner standard
- in house training from the employer
- Functional Skills maths and English training, if applicable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.