Website Dr Cop, Dr Cooper, Dr Carr and Dr Crook
A unique opportunity to work in an NHS medical practice as an apprentice. Completing a customer service level 2 qualification whilst learning! Apply now.
Monday – Friday 30 hours per week
Total hours per week: 30.00
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- EFax and photocopy as requested
- Take and process Urgent Patient Hospital Transport Bookings
- Undertake recording of Prescriptions and destinations of same
- Entering data onto spread sheets
- Be involved in audit as and when required
- Receiving patients consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visit requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area.
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Scanning Patient Documents into Electronic Medical Records
- Clear rooms after surgeries
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Make tea/coffee for doctors
- Any other tasks allocated by Practice Manager/Partners/Reception Supervisor
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Can work under pressure in a positive way during busy periods in the fast-paced environment
- Keen attention for detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or using initiative
Training to be provided
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Functional Skills, if required
in house training to be provided by the practice
APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK – https://odro.io/s/pjy92
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.