Equality and Diversity
Course Code: MANDIV
Duration: 1 DayRequest availability & pricing
Realising value from difference.
No two people are the same – we live in a diverse society. At work, understanding and embracing diversity enables us to create an inclusive environment that supports both the individual and organisation.
This programme is for you if you want to raise your awareness of diversity within a safe and confidential setting. Attending will give you the knowledge to create an environment where people do not face barriers brought about because of prejudices. You will also be able to explore your own diversity and that of others, both attending this programme and in your organisation, and realise the value of a diverse mix.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Develop a common understanding of diversity, equal opportunities and inclusion
▪ Understand the impact diversity has on your organisation and why inclusiveness is important
▪ Understand the legal framework
▪ Identify and eliminate inappropriate behaviour
▪ Promote and support a more inclusive work environment
Introduction and Objectives
Diversity in the Workplace
▪ Agree objectives, ground rules and expectations
▪ What is diversity?
▪ Defining equal opportunities
▪ The iceberg of difference
▪ Demographics – work force and market place trends
▪ Impact of diversity
▪ Review our unique differences
▪ The effect and benefit of diversity in the workplace
▪ Recognising cultural differences
Current legislation and discrimination
▪ 9 Protected characteristics
▪ Direct/indirect discrimination
▪ Positive Action
▪ Applying skills or tools
▪ What is my role?
▪ Case studies
▪ Promoting inclusion in the workplace
▪ Appropriate/inappropriate behaviours
▪ Standing up to inappropriate behaviour
Review of Programme