Finance For Non Financial Managers
Course Code: FINAN
Duration: 1 Day
This course shows how a business is financially structured and trades. It will introduce delegates to the key financial statements and the financial terminology in use in the business. The course will also cover the essentials of budgeting and forecasting as well as addressing key financial terms such as accruals and prepayments.
This programme is for you if you need to understand how a business operates from a financial perspective. This course is aimed at new budget holders and those who are receiving (financial) management information.
The course is suitable for managers with little or no financial knowledge.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Have an understanding of financial accounts and reports
▪ The ability to use and an understanding of financial concepts
▪ Ability to manage budgets more effectively
Introduction and Objectives
▪ The Business Cycle: understand how money flows in a business
▪ Business objectives: use financial data to achieve business targets
▪ The income statement, the cash flow statement and the balance sheet
▪ Accrual and cash accounting
▪ Profit vs Cash and other key financial ratios, how to use them effectively
▪ Key financial terms – accruals & prepayments, depreciation and amortisation
▪ Cost control and reduction
▪ Budgeting and Forecasting
▪ Management Accounts