Fundamentals of project management – Virtual Session
Course Code: PROJECT
Duration: ½ Day
Do you wonder what projects and project management are all about? This brief online seminar will give you an understanding of what projects are and how they are managed from outset to delivery. It will give some guidance and practical experience in planning, organising and controlling projects effectively, with particular emphasis on the team’s delivery of results within time, budget and quality constraints.
This programme is for you if your work brings you into contact with projects either as a team leader or team member. It includes formal input as well as discussions to introduce you to the basic concepts, principles, and terminology of project management. It will provide two practical exercises where delegates will be expected to work on their own particular (or nominated) ‘project’ and then provide feedback.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Define what good project management includes
- Understand the responsibilities of a project manager
- Identify the key elements in controlling a project
- Identify the controls needed to manage a project to a successful conclusion
- Understand the team leader’s role and the ‘work package’
- Develop essential planning techniques that focus on results
Introduction to Project Management
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- The project lifecycle
- Justifying a project – the business case
- Setting project objectives
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying and managing risk
Project Roles and Responsibilities
- The project sponsor
- The project manager
- Team leaders/members
- Project support
- Defining deliverables
- Activity-in-node networks
- Work allocation
- Controlled start
- Controlled progress
- Controlled closure
Review of Programme
Request Further Information
To find out more about course availability and pricing please complete the form below and we will be in touch.