Implementing Project Management
Course Code: IMPLEMPM
Duration: 1 Day
Do you want to practise and develop your project management skills in a simulated project environment?
This workshop will provide a unique opportunity for those who are fairly new to project management to make the transition from theory to practice. As a team, the attendees will prepare for and conduct a ‘project’ in a number of stages. After each stage, a structured review will provide the opportunity to explore the aspects of project management relevant to that stage.
This programme is for you if you would like to experience the dynamics of working as part of a project team in a workshop environment. You will be able to practise and develop project tools and techniques whilst learning all the constituents of successful project management.
Participants should have attended our Fundamentals of Project Management course or have equivalent skills and experience.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Focus on key aspects of project definition and planning techniques
- Understand the importance of teamwork and how to improve team effectiveness
- Recognise the value of and use collective decision making
- Monitor key aspects of projects as they are executed
- Balance cost, schedule, quality and resource factors
- Manage Risk
Stage 1 – Project Definition
- Determining needs
Setting objectives and scoping
- Identifying team roles
Stage 2 – Planning
- Cost planning
- Resource planning
- Risk planning
Stage 3 – Execution
- Issue management
- Team management
- Risk management
Stage 4 – closure
- Closing the project
- Evaluation and lessons learned
Review of Programme