Website IT Fleet Automotive Limited
Are you a motivated individual, looking to build the first steps of a successful career? Do you have a welcoming personality and enjoy working with others? Do you seek a job role which offers high satisfaction as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and experience?
Based in Raydon (CO7), IT Fleet are looking for a confident and outgoing individual to join their busy and expanding team. If you are a hardworking enthusiastic individual looking to start your career apply now!
Our Client is looking for a Transport Allocator Apprentice to join their friendly and professional team.
IT Fleet Automotive are responsible for transporting between 3000 and 3500 vehicles around the UK every week. This is achieved by utilising both trade plate drivers and a fleet of transporters. To do this we need capable, forward thinking people to manage our road operatives, efficiently and effectively.
Through organic growth and acquisition, the company has become one of the UK’s leading automotive service providers. Our industry leading refurbishment and storage facilities are complemented by a powerful set of web-based systems that give our clients an unparalleled level of information and service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with a full-time position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Therefore, IT Fleet Automotive are offering the opportunity for a young and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic transport team. No previous experience will be necessary as full training will be given, with the eventual aim of moulding you in to a fully-fledged transport allocator. We are looking for someone who is confident, organised, and a good communicator. UK geographical knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
- Managing your own team of Trade Plate/Transporter Drivers, ensuring an optimum number of vehicle movements are planned and allocated each day. As an apprentice, you will be allocating 10-15 drivers. Building up to 30-35 over the course of your development (usually a 2-year period).
- Routing drivers to each vehicle collection/delivery, assisting with travel between each movement, to ensure that customer expectations and service levels are maintained.
- Ensure that all information required for the achievement of vehicle collections/deliveries is accurately communicated clearly to your drivers.
- Liaise with the Customer Service and Refurbishment departments to ensure that information is updated accordingly.
- Provide all encompassing telephone support to your team of drivers, responding to concerns and issues in a manner that ensures resolution is achieved.
- Work as part of the Transport team to manage the challenges presented by volume peaks and troughs and direct the appropriate transport resources accordingly.
- Escalate any major issues and concerns to the Assistant/Transport Manager.
- Record drivers’ holidays and any unplanned absences.
Support and Training will be provided throughout.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills and traits:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Competent ability in Microsoft programs
- Extremely organised and capability to manage workload efficiently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
The working week will consist of a routine 40 Hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. It will be a starting salary of £11k.
You will be working towards a nationally recognised Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard. There is an excellent opportunity to progress onto the level 3 and gain a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements. If you are a career driven individual, this is the perfect opportunity that you do not want to miss out on so be sure to apply now!
Please apply via the following link: https://odro.io/s/X5LA8
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.