Website Ixworth Surgery
Are you looking for the right opportunity that will allow you to kick start a career within the administrative sector? Do you seek a job role which offers high satisfaction as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and experience? If so, here is the perfect position for you!
Our client is looking for an Apprentice Medical Receptionist/Administrator to join their friendly and professional team.
Based in Ixworth, near Bury St Edmunds, Ixworth Surgery is looking for an individual who possesses good organisation skills and has the ability to work off of their own initiative.
This is a great opportunity for a potential apprentice to work towards a nationally recognised qualification and also gain essential work experience which will allow them to develop their current skills set and learn what it takes to be successful in the industry.
This is an unmissable chance for all you young individuals who are struggling to find that one opening that they need to make a name for themselves within the administration sector upon this apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with a full-time position potentially available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
Data administration duties:
- Answering the phones.
- Dealing with appointments.
- Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient’s medical history.
- Read coding the information into the practice clinical system.
- Monitoring progress of notes summarising against practice targets.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into electronic patient record
- File copies of hospital referrals.
- File hospital letters.
- Scanning of letters and relevant correspondence into patient’s notes.
- Summarisation of patient’s notes when requested.
- Load summary care record updates.
- Ensure backups are taken in accordance with practice procedure.
- Proactively initiate data quality improvement projects.
- Ensure security of data at all times.
- Upload and download 24hr ECG reports.
- Facilitate and minute palliative care and holistic team meetings.
- Update out-of-hours/care UK site.
Medical secretarial department duties:
- To provide an efficient audio, copy typing and word processing service for GPs and health professionals as required, this includes the typing of letters, reports, patient referrals, minutes, memorandums, etc. in an accurate and quality manner.
- To make appointments, bookings and admissions as required
- To establish and maintain filing and administrative systems so that written or computer information is easily accessible and secure.
- To retrieve medical records as required for booking appointments and reports
file patient records and correspondence in patient medical records.
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries relating to clinical appointments.
- To maintain the computer clinical system in an accurate and secure manner
- To provide cover for members of the secretarial team during periods of sickness and annual leave
- To receive and dispatch mail and maintain an electronic pending system
Full Support and Training will be provided throughout.
The right candidate may have the following skills and traits:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- IT literate
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Eager to learn
Your working hours will be Monday – Friday 37 hrs p/wk. Specific hours will be discussed during an interview. The hourly wage is set at £4.78 (£176.86 p/w), to start.
Ideally, the candidate should have their own means of transport to commute to and from the practice.
This is a great opportunity to develop your customer service skills within a medical setting! The successful apprentice will be working towards a nationally recognised Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard. There is a possibility of securing a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements. If you are a career driven individual, this is the perfect opportunity that you do not want to miss out on so be sure to apply now!
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.