Microsoft Outlook 2010: Level 1
Course Code: OU10L1
Duration: 1 DayRequest availability & pricing
This course is designed for any person who needs to obtain a good understanding of the main features and functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2010. Additionally, this course helps prepare students for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in Outlook.
You should be comfortable using a computer keyboard and a mouse pointing device. Ideally, you will also be able work in a Windows environment and know how to select icons and menus to invoke program commands and specify options and settings in dialog boxes.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Identify the main components of the Outlook environment.
▪ Compose, send, reply and forward messages.
▪ Work with attachments in messages.
▪ Add signatures to messages.
▪ Use automatic replies.
▪ Manage and view messages.
▪ Manage contacts.
▪ Schedule appointments.
▪ Schedule meetings.
▪ Create and edit tasks.
Introduction and Objectives
▪ The Outlook interface
▪ The Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
▪ The Navigation Pane and To-Do Bar
▪ Changing folder views
Basic Outlook Messaging
▪ Starting a message
▪ Using the address book
▪ Typing message text
▪ Changing the message format
▪ Sending a message
▪ Reading a message
▪ Viewing sent messages
Responding to Messages
▪ Replying to and forwarding a message
▪ Printing a message
▪ Deleting a message
▪ Flagging a message
▪ Sorting messages
▪ Creating and managing mail folders
▪ Moving messages between folders
▪ Using Favourites
Using Automatic Replies
Additional Message Components
▪ Creating and using signatures
▪ Creating and using Quick Parts
▪ Inserting an attachment in a message
▪ Opening and saving attachments
▪ Previewing file attachments
▪ Inserting hyperlinks in messages
Scheduling with the Calendar
▪ Exploring the Outlook calendar
▪ Scheduling an appointment
▪ Scheduling an event
▪ Scheduling a recurring appointment or event
▪ Editing calendar items
▪ Printing and deleting calendar items
▪ Scheduling a meeting
▪ Responding to a meeting request
▪ Managing meetings and invitees
▪ Creating group calendars
Working with Contacts
▪ Adding a contact
▪ Viewing contacts
▪ Editing contacts
▪ Printing and deleting contacts
Working with Tasks
▪ Adding and amending Tasks
▪ Marking a Task as complete
▪ Viewing Tasks
▪ Printing and deleting Tasks
Appendix – Working with Notes
▪ Creating and amending Notes
▪ Viewing, printing and deleting notes
Appendix – Using the Journal
▪ Creating Journal entries
▪ Assigning a Contact to a Journal entry
▪ Modifying Journal entry types
▪ Deleting a Journal entry
Review of Programme