Microsoft Outlook 2016: Level 1
Course Code: OU16L1
Duration: 1 Day
This course is designed for any person who needs to obtain a good understanding of the main features and functionality of Microsoft Outlook 2016.
You should also be able work in a Windows environment and know how to select icons and menus to invoke program commands and specify options and settings in dialog boxes.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Identify the main components of the Outlook environment.
▪ Compose, send, reply and forward messages.
▪ Work with attachments in messages.
▪ Add signatures to messages.
▪ Use automatic replies.
▪ Manage and view messages.
▪ Manage contacts.
▪ Schedule appointments.
▪ Schedule meetings.
▪ Create and edit tasks.
Introduction and Objectives
▪ The Outlook 2016 interface
▪ The Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
▪ The Folder Pane, Reading Pane, People Pane and To-Do Bar
▪ Changing folder views
Basic Outlook Messaging
▪ Starting a message
▪ Using the address book
▪ Typing message text
▪ Changing the message format
▪ Sending a message
▪ Reading a message
▪ Viewing sent messages
▪ Responding to Messages
▪ Replying to and forwarding a message
▪ Printing a message
▪ Deleting a message
▪ Flagging a message
▪ Sorting messages
▪ Creating and managing mail folders
▪ Moving messages between folders
▪ Using Favorites
▪ Using Automatic Replies (Out of Office Assistant)
Appendix – Working with Notes (if time)
▪ Creating and amending notes
▪ Viewing, printing and deleting notes
Additional Message Components
▪ Creating and using signatures
▪ Creating and using ‘Quick Parts’
▪ Inserting an attachment in a message
▪ Opening and saving attachments
▪ Previewing file attachments
▪ Inserting hyperlinks in messages
Scheduling with the Calendar
▪ Exploring the Outlook calendar
▪ Scheduling an appointment
▪ Scheduling an event
▪ Scheduling a recurring appointment or event
▪ Editing calendar items
▪ Printing and deleting calendar items
▪ Managing Meetings
▪ Scheduling a meeting
▪ Responding to a meeting request
▪ Managing meetings and invitees
▪ Creating calendar groups
Working with Contacts
▪ Adding a contact
▪ Viewing contacts
▪ Editing contacts
▪ Printing and deleting contacts
Working with Tasks
▪ Adding and amending tasks
▪ Marking a task as complete
▪ Viewing tasks
▪ Printing and deleting tasks
Review of Programme