Website Patience Lane Surgery
A unique opportunity to work in an NHS medical practice as an apprentice. Completing a customer service level 2 qualification whilst learning!
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Working and supporting on the reception desk.
- Opening up procedure – doors, telephone, computer, post sorting and collating (Do not open any post) and ensuring the answering machine is switched over before morning surgery and checked following evening surgery.
- Receiving patients in the receptions area, checking name, address and date of birth are same as on computer.
- Receive incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously and recording messages correctly in the message book, transferring calls and messages to the Doctor, Practice Manager, Practice Staff and Primary Health Care Team.
- For routine home visits and emergency calls – record them at the time of receipt (please ensure if any patient is able to attend the surgery then they do so) and enter on computer system.
- Maintain all clerical aspects of repeat prescription service and hospital referral letters and ensure all repeat prescriptions are entered on the patient’s computer records as collected.
- Arrange emergency and routine ambulances promptly, as and when required, enter on the computer and ensure the patient is aware of the booking.
- Scan and file all medical records immediately following consultations.
- Most faxes need urgent attention – please read them carefully and pass to a senior member of staff for action. All Urgent calls must be shown to the doctor/s on call.
- Scan hospital mail and file tests and any other mail daily.
- Report to colleague taking over reception duties – any issue not complete e.g. request for home visit not passed on to a doctor, call to speak to a doctor or any other matters, before leaving your post.
- After every surgery, am & pm receptionists should ensure all PCs are closed down.
- Type or photocopy all letters and correspondence as required.
- Take all prescriptions out of doctor’s rooms following every surgery and store using the correct procedures.
- Record all 2WW Referrals in appropriate book and any e-mails regarding them.
- For the purchase of stamps, milk, tea, coffee, etc, check stocks daily.
- During holiday periods, arrange to have the appropriate keys and open and close premises when required.
- Frank and post mail daily
- Sick children should be seen as soon as possible – preferable in morning surgery and not wait until evening surgery.
- IT skills
- Good with people
- Keen attention for detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or using initiative
- GCSE at grades 9-4/A*-C in maths and English is desirable
- There is an excellent opportunity to gain a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements
Training to be provided
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Functional Skills, if required
in house training to be provided by the practice
Welcome to Patience Lane Surgery. Part of 5 Towns Primary Care Network. Serving You. Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.