Website Potton Kare Services Ltd
Are you a motivated individual, looking to build the first steps of a successful career? Do you want a job you would hate to leave? Do you seek a job role which offers high satisfaction as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and experience? If so, we have the perfect position for you!
Our Client is looking for a Care Worker Apprentice to join their friendly and professional team.
We are an edge-of-care provision and our team of specialised Family Support Workers and Registered Social Workers are experienced in working with children of all ages. We help families with complex issues and challenges, such as learning difficulties, mental health problems, drug and alcohol abuse, and violence in the home (the toxic trail) or where a child is at risk of entering the care system.
PKS know that children thrive and are best supported within a home, when families stay together. Our support workers attempt to change the family dynamic so that the wellbeing of a child is primary and Local Authority intervention becomes unnecessary or less intrusive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To deliver personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and
- To know and understand the care and support of the Client
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support plan using a person centred approach and in the least intrusive way
- To encourage the independence and motivation of the Client and not foster dependent behaviour
- To provide input into the care and support plans of Clients by regularly feeding back to management
- To assist Clients getting up in the morning and going to bed at night
- To assist Clients to wash, bathe and shower
- To assist Clients to dress and undress
- To assist Clients to look after their skin, teeth, hair and nails
- To assist Clients with toileting, continence management and personal hygiene
- To assist Clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
- To prepare food and drink for the Client, being aware of the Client’s choice, likes/dislikes, nutritional needs and cultural requirements
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan or instructed by Management
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- To take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the Client
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community
- To assist the Client to manage their personal affairs
- To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the Client, whilst respecting the Client’s choice and rights
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Line Manager within the grading level of the post and the competence of the postholder.
Support and Training will be provided throughout.
The right candidate may have the following skills and traits:
- Strong ability to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team
- The ability to communicate and support clients
- Familiar with GDPR
Your working hours will be a routine 35 hours per week: Hours to be confirmed with a weekly wage of £206.50.
This is a great opportunity to develop your customer service skills within a care setting! The successful apprentice will be working towards a nationally recognised Level 2 Adult Careworker Apprenticeship Standard. There is an excellent opportunity to gain a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements. If you are a career driven individual, this is the perfect opportunity that you do not want to miss out on so be sure to apply now!
Please apply via the following link https://odro.io/s/Bliyc
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.