Course Code: P2OVER
Duration: 1 Day
This PRINCE2 Overview training course provides an introduction to the PRINCE2 structured project management method, its concepts and process model and how it can be used in any project environment. Learning will blend formal presentation with practical exercises to reinforce learning and enable participants to benefit from others’ experience. There will also be time for discussion and clarification of any issues. Participants will receive a PRINCE2 Overview Delegate Manual.
Anyone new to projects or requiring a clear understanding of the background, structure, and suitability of the PRINCE2 methodology and anyone expected to play a role in or around a PRINCE2 project.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
▪ Appreciate the extent of PRINCE2 in the context of project management
▪ Understand the structure of PRINCE2
▪ Become familiar with PRINCE2 language and key concepts
▪ Gain sufficient information to assess the relevance of PRINCE2 to an organisation
Introduction and Objectives
▪ Context of Project Management
▪ Introduction to Key Concepts
▪ Processes, Themes and Products
▪ Organisation, Business Case, Plans, Risk, Start-Up and Initiation
▪ Controlling a Stage
▪ Managing Product Delivery and Stage Boundaries
▪ Change Control and Quality in a Project Environment
▪ Closing a Project
▪ The Benefits of PRINCE2
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.