Website Rushden Medical Practice
16-18 year old opportunity.
Brief overview of the role
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to colleagues, patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Monday- Friday 35 hours.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
Duties of the post:
- Ensure an effective and efficient professional reception service is provided to all patients and visitors to the practice
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Making new and follow-up appointments using the practice computer systems
- Deal with all general enquires and explain procedures both face to face and via the telephone
- Give results to patients in line with the Doctors’ instructions
- Receive and make telephone calls as required.
- Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter patient information and data onto the computer system accurately ensuring records are kept up to date at all times
- Process repeat prescription requests in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Chasing up of results and patient information from Hospitals and other outside agencies
- Extracting and filing of medical records
- Printing medical records etc if required
- Prepare paperwork for tests and complete forms as necessary
- Chaperone patients as required
- Ensure the Surgery premises are kept tidy and professional
- Follow procedures to maintain building security at all times
- Serve refreshments as necessary
- Attend practice meetings
- Scanning of correspondence to patient computer records
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.