Website Seaham Medical Group
Seaham Medical Group are looking for a new apprentice to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity to gain experience and progress within the practice. Apply now!
As a Receptionist Apprentice, you will provide a confidential, efficient and effective service to patients of the practice, always ensuring that patients and visitors are in no doubt that the practice is a provider of quality service in all that we do.
- Provide flexibility to cover holiday/sickness/training etc. for other members of staff
- Ensure Reception is always manned
- Booking of all appointments via computer
- Greeting and directing patients arriving for appointments and confirm on computer their arrival if patient unable to use check-in screen
- Taking of requests for house calls and preparing for doctors
- Preparation of rooms for surgeries/waiting room/reception.
- Prepare pathology request on ICE with all relevant information
- Scanning of letters
- Tagging of medical records
- Dealing with queries from hospitals, chemists, patients, District Nurses, Health Visitors, Doctors etc and passing on all relevant messages and information to whoever concerned
- Accepting new registrations/temporary residents/immediately necessary forms and completion of necessary paper/computer work
- Accepting requests for prescriptions, input onto computer ready for signing. Also registering patients for Access Online (when requested)
- Give prescriptions out to patients on request or send electronically
- Accepting specimens to be sent to Path Lab and completion of relevant forms/ICE label to accompany the same
- Photocopying as and when required
- Dealing with incoming insurances (logging into file, entering onto computerised programme, giving to doctor and returning to insurance company when completed, copy then scanned into patient records).
- Dealing with requests from Solicitors for copies of patient’s medical records (logging, photocopying and returning to Solicitors).
- Dealing with monies received for insurances forms etc
- Choose and Book
Training to be provided
- Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- On the job training
- Maths and English Functional Skills if needed
Expected career progression
- Progression within the practice
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4) desirable
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm
- Total hours per week: 40 hours a week
- 16 Months
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.