Website South Reddish Medical Centre
Do you have an interest within the medical sector? This is the perfect opportunity for any outgoing and motivated individual to earn £175 per week whilst gaining a qualification. This company is offering excellent progression routes once completion on your apprenticeship so apply now!
Shifts to be confirmed with employer once successful.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Duties will include:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is delivered to all patient and visitors, to the practice
- Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new, follow-up appointments
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls, as required
- Divert calls and take accurate messages
- Enter requests for home visits onto computer screen, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready to collect, by the patient within 48 hours
- Advise all patients of all relevant charges for private (none general medical services), accept payment and issue receipts
- Premises: Open up premises at the start of the day, de-activate the alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients. When leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are switched off and alarm deactivated
- Communicate effectively, both over the telephone and face to face
- Recognize patient’s needs and respond accordingly
- Follow data protection, practice policies and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- strong work ethic
- Desire to do well within career
- Mature approach to working environment
- Punctual individual
- Grades 7-4/A-C in maths and English or equivalent are desired, however not essential for this role.
- Amazing progression opportunities available, once completion of the apprenticeship. i.e. full time employment available.
Training to be provided
- Customer Service Practitioner Standard level 2
- In house training from employer
- Functional Skills in maths and English if necessary
Dr Gupta’s practice is based in a purpose built medical centre in South Reddish.
We are easily accessible being on a major bus route and have patient parking, including disabled parking facilities to the rear of the building. Our reception and consulting rooms are all on one level, which makes the facilities accessible for patients with mobility difficulties, wheelchairs, pushchairs and prams.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.