Website Southwick Health Centre
Basic Role and Responsibilities (Job Description):
- Attend all off-the-job training components of the apprenticeship as agreed with the Practice Manager and Apprenticeship training provider.
- Proactively engage in the on-the-job activities in the workplace to become competent in the apprenticeship standard and role.
- Complete all apprenticeship course work, assessments and self-directed study in a timely way as agreed with your workplace mentor/supervisor/manager and the apprenticeship training provider. Some of this course work must be completed in your own time which will be unpaid.
- Undertake all statutory and mandatory training required for the job role. This will be in addition to the apprenticeship training requirements. Duties can include but are not limited to supporting the administrative teams with patient registration, booking appointments, processing of information (electronic and hard copy) in a timely manner and in accordance with current policies. Support staff with the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers. Responsibilities (working towards)
- The following are the core responsibilities of the Medical Receptionist. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Dealing with patients by telephone, in person, by text and email
- Answering incoming calls, transferring calls and dealing with callers requests as appropriate
- Booking appointments using the Practice clinical system
- Taking requests for prescriptions from patients, relatives, pharmacies and outside agencies by
- phone, in person, handwritten, by text and email
- Processing prescription requests using the clinical system
- Processing of changes to patient registration and new patient registration
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Welcome patients and visitors to the practice, directing requests appropriately
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Support all clinical staff with general administrative tasks as requested k. Complete opening and closing procedures in accordance with Practice process
- Any other office duties deemed appropriate as requested by the supervisor or manager
Generic Responsibilities All staff at Bridge View Medical Group have a duty to conform to the following: Equality, Diversity & Inclusion A good attitude and positive action towards ED&I create an environment where all individuals can achieve their full potential. Creating such an environment is important for three reasons: it improves operational effectiveness, it is morally the right thing to do, and it is required by law. Patients and their families have the right to be treated fairly and be routinely involved in decisions about their treatment and care. They can expect to be treated with dignity and respect and will not be discriminated against on any grounds including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Patients have a responsibility to treat other patients and our staff with dignity and respect. Staff have the right to be treated fairly in recruitment and career progression. Staff can expect to work in an environment where diversity is valued, and equality of opportunity is promoted. Staff will not be discriminated against on any grounds including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Staff have a responsibility to ensure that they treat our patients and their colleagues with dignity and respect. Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) This practice is committed to supporting and promoting opportunities to for staff to maintain their health, well-being, and safety. You have a duty to take reasonable care of health and safety at work for you, your team, and others, and to cooperate with employers to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements. All personnel are to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Environment Act 1995, Fire Precautions (workplace) Regulations 1999 and other statutory legislation. Confidentiality This practice is committed to maintaining an outstanding confidential service. Patients entrust and permit us to collect and retain sensitive information relating to their health and other matters, pertaining to their care. They do so in confidence and have a right to expect all staff will respect their privacy and always maintain confidentiality. It is essential that if, the legal requirements are to be met and the trust of our patients is to be retained that all staff protect patient information and provide a confidential service. Quality & Continuous Improvement (CI) To preserve and improve the quality of our output, all personnel are required to think not only of what they do, but how they achieve it. By continually re-examining our processes, we will be able to develop and improve the overall effectiveness of the way we work. The responsibility for this rests with everyone working within the practice to look for opportunities to improve quality and share good practice. This practice continually strives to improve work processes which deliver health care with improved results across all areas of our service provision. We promote a culture of continuous improvement, where everyone counts, and staff are permitted to make suggestions and contributions to improve our service delivery and enhance patient care.
- Induction Training On arrival at the practice all personnel are to complete a practice induction programme; this is managed by the Practice Manager. Learning and Development The effective use of training and development is fundamental in ensuring that all staff are equipped with the appropriate skills, knowledge, attitude and competences to perform their role. All staff will be required to partake and complete mandatory training as directed by the Practice Manager, as well as participating in the practice training programme. Staff will also be permitted (subject to approval) to undertake external training courses which will enhance their knowledge and skills, progress their career and ultimately, enable them to improve processes and service delivery. Collaborative Working All staff are to recognise the significance of collaborative working. Teamwork is essential in multidisciplinary environments. Effective communication is essential, and all staff must ensure they communicate in a manner which enables the sharing of information in an appropriate manner. Service Delivery Staff at Bridge View Medical Group must adhere to the information contained with practice policies and regional directives, ensuring protocols are always adhered to. Staff will be given detailed information during the induction process regarding policy and procedure. Security The security of the practice is the responsibility of all personnel. Staff must ensure they always remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity immediately to their line manager. Under no circumstances are staff to share the codes for the door locks to anyone and are to ensure that restricted areas remain effectively secured. Professional Conduct At Bridge View Medical Group staff are required to dress appropriately for their role. Administrative staff will be provided with a uniform whilst clinical staff must dress in accordance with their role. Leave All personnel are entitled to take leave. Line managers are to ensure all staff are afforded the opportunity and encouraged to take all their leave entitlement.
Monday – Friday 8am-6pm 1 hr lunch
Total hours per week: 40.00
Have good organising skills
Have problem solving skills
Be able to work as part of a team
Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
Be comfortable with using Excel and Microsoft
Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Not shy/timid
- Confident On phone
- Detail driven
- IT Savy
- Mantining social meda
- Managing email
Training to be provided
- Digital Support Technician qualification
- In house training to be provided by the employer
- Functional skills in maths and English to be provided by the training provider
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.