Website The Homewell Practice
Monday-Friday: Between the hours of 8am-5pm (Shifts to be confirmed)
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 May 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your day-to-day duties will include the following:
- Responsible for processing all request and enquiries made under Subject Access for the Practice, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) and internal processes to ensure that SARs are responded to appropriately within statutory timeframes, escalating where required
- Manage requests for medical records, also known as a Subject Access Request (SAR) and the enhanced rights that individuals will be provided with under the GDPR. This will include document searches and information gathering and large quantities of photocopying, scanning, and redacting of documents.
- Managing patients queries and requests for information.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and supporting GPs with paperwork and private requests received from patients
- Raise invoices for private reports and work completed
- To maintain filing and administrative systems, so that written, or computer information is easily accessible and secure
- Help record the statistics of the number of data protection and private work requests made
- Give consideration to complex requests, applying appropriate redactions and exemptions as outlined in the Data Protection Act and practice policies, working closely with our Service Delivery
- Manager and Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure redactions are appropriate.
- Manage a varied and complex workload, prioritising tasks across multiple SAR requests and taking decision on redactions.
- Support the Practice Co-ordinators with administrative tasks and phone calls when required.
- Ensure an effective and efficient and polite service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Answer calls in a polite and professional manner
- Taking messages and passing on information via Klinik tasks
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
In the course of your work, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
Requirements and prospects
High level of motivation
Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
Trustworthy / Honest
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 in maths and English are desirable
Full time employment once apprenticeship is complete for the successful candidate who is willing to work hard.
To apply for this job email your details to Abbi.firstname.lastname@example.org.