Unisurge International Ltd
Are you interested in joining a well-established and market leading business, with the opportunity to learn from experienced and talented colleagues? Are you a dedicated and organised individual with an interest in administration? If you have answered yes to both of the above questions, Unisurge International is the perfect employer for you!
Our Client is looking for an Apprentice Purchasing Assistant to join their friendly and professional team.
Established in 1988, Unisurge is a trusted manufacturer and supplier of practitioner-specified procedure packs, dressing packs, medical disposable and theatre products to health care professionals. Unisurge International are offering an apprentice a fantastic opportunity to develop their current skillset with the potential of gaining a full time job at the end of the apprenticeship if successful.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position of a Business Administrator available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
- Raise Purchase Orders to fulfil raw material requirements through the MRP system
- Raise Purchase Orders for non-stock items including advertising and consumables
- Negotiate prices with suppliers for raw materials
- Liaise with Contracts Department to obtain prices for items not currently purchased
- Constantly review current pricing levels to ensure best possible price and to enable effective competition in the market
- Liaise with warehouse and accounts departments regarding invoice and delivery queries
- Liaise with support staff to ensure that a Purchasing Component Questionnaire is completed by all suppliers of new products and pass to Quality Control Department for evaluation
- Deal with freight forwarding agents regarding shipments to the UK
- Raise return orders for incorrectly delivered goods and notify the Accounts Department
- Contact suppliers in order chase overdue deliveries and notify Production of items that are on backorder
- To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above
Support and Training will be provided throughout.
The right candidate may have the following skills and traits;
- Hard working
The working week will consist of a routine, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5pm (with a 30-minute lunch). You will be paid the National Minimum Wage according to your age (not the apprenticeship minimum).
You will be working towards a nationally recognised Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. There is an excellent opportunity to gain a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements. If you are a career driven individual, this is the perfect opportunity that you do not want to miss out on so be sure to apply now!
Please apply via the following link: https://odro.io/s/ycsun
To apply for this job please visit odro.io.