Duration: 1 Day
Course Code: EFFEMAIL
Appreciate the importance of these vital business tools. In this world of instant communication, we are becoming used to using a shorthand style for emails and texts. However, in the corporate world, we are still expected to be able to express ourselves clearly using the written word.
This programme is for you if you want to be able to explain your ideas and concepts and communicate clearly using letters and emails as your medium. Most working documents are read because the reader must read them: your task as the writer, therefore, is to make reading – and understanding – as easy as possible.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Choose when to send an email and when to use other forms of communication
- Understand how to use different kinds of documents
- Plan emails, letters and short reports efficiently and effectively
- Address the reader’s needs and expectations more effectively
- Use punctuation, sentences and paragraphs correctly
- Create a written style that is interesting and easy to understand
- Email greetings, signatures and Email policies
Introduction and Objectives
Writing to Communicate
- What is communication?
- The three golden rules of effective writing
- Different kinds of documents and how to use them well
Why is Email Different?
- Greetings and signatures
- Web links
- Page layout
- Email policies
A Systematic Approach
Clarifying your Objective
- Analysing the audience
- Creating a message
- Gathering and organising information
- Creating a plan
- Tips for writing effectively
- Producing a first draft
- Using visuals: graphs, tables, diagrams
- Editing sentences
- Choosing words wisely
- Using spell check and grammar check
- Writing emails and letters for a variety of scenarios
- Participants identify actions they will take as a result of attending the programme
Review of Programme
Click Here to view Course Dates
For more information on how to book, please click here.
WWP & the Euroclear Team