Course Code: Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002
Duration: 5 Days
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace. The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examinations (exam numbers 220-1001 and 220-1002), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1001 Certification Exam and the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1002 Certification Exam.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Support operating systems.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Implement operational procedures.
Installing and Configuring PC Components
- Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- PC Components
- Common Connection Interfaces
- Install Peripheral Devices
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
- Install and Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
- Install System memory
- Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Configure RAID
- Troubleshoot Storage devices
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
- Maintain Laser printers
- Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Maintain Impact, Thermal, and 3D Printers
- Install and Configure Printers
- Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Install and Configure Imaging devices
Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Configure Network Connection Settings
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Configure SOHO Network Security
- Configure Remote Access
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Install and Configure IoT Devices
Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device types
- Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Support Mobile Apps
- Secure Mobile Devices
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
Supporting Operating Systems
- Identify Common Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Use Windows Features and Tools
- Manage Files in Windows
- Manage Disks in Windows
- Manage Devices in Windows
- Logical Security Concepts
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security Measures
Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
- Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
- Install and Upgrade CP>s
- Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Configure a Custom PC
Network Infrastructure Concepts
- Wired Networks
- Network Hardware Devices
- Wireless Networks
- Internet Connection Types
- Network Configuration concepts
- Network Services
Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
- Use Laptop Features
- Install and Configure Laptop hardware
- Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Configure Client-Side Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Concepts
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Manage Windows Performance
- Troubleshoot Windows
Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
- Configure and Use Linux
- Configure and Use macOS
- Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Maintain OSs
Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
- Manage Users
- Configure Shared resources
- Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
Securing Workstations and Data
- Implement Security Best Practices
- Implement Data Protection Policies
- Protect Data During Incident Response
Implementing Operational Procedures
- Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Create and Maintain Documentation
- Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Basic Scripting Concepts
- Professionalism and Communication