Course Code: Exam PK0-004
Course Length: 5 Days
This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today's rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification exam. This course may earn a Credly Badge.
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Project+® certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam. A typical student taking the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam should have a minimum of 12 months of project management experience. Experience with specific project management software is helpful, but not mandatory.
In this course, you will apply recognised practices of project management and understand a project's life cycle, roles, and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close a project. You will:
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
- Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
- Plan project costs.
- Create project staffing and quality management plans.
- Create an effective communication plan.
- Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
- Plan project procurements.
- Develop change management and transition plans.
- Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
- Execute the project procurement plan.
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Monitor and control project constraints.
- Monitor and control project risks.
- Monitor and control procurements.
- Perform project closure activities.
Defining Project Management Fundamentals
- Identify Project Management Basics
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Identify Organisational Influences on Project Management
- Define Agile Methodology
Initiating the Project
- Identify the Project Selection Process
- Prepare a Project SOW
- Create a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
Planning the Project
- Identify Project Management Plan Components
- Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Create a Scope Statement
Preparing to Develop the Project Schedule
- Develop a WBS
- Create an Activity List
- Identify the Relationships Between Activities
- Identify Resources
- Estimate Time
Developing the Project Schedule
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Identify the Critical Path
- Optimise the Project Schedule
- Create a Schedule Baseline
Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
Planning Human Resources and Quality Management
- Create a Human Resource Plan
- Create a Quality Management Plan
Communicating During the Project
- Identify Communication Methods
- Create a Communications Management Plan
Planning for Risk
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Procurements
- Collect Project Procurement Inputs
- Prepare a Procurement Management Plan
- Prepare Procurement Documents
Planning for Change and Transitions
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Develop a Transition Plan
Executing the Project
- Direct the Project Execution
- Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Assemble the Project Team
- Develop the Project Team
- Manage the Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
Executing the Procurement Plan
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Select Project Vendors
Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Manage Project Changes
- Report Project Performance
Monitoring and Controlling Project Constraints
- Control Project Scope
- Control Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Manage Project Quality
Monitoring and Controlling Project Risks
- Monitor and Control Project Risks
Monitoring and Controlling Procurements
- Monitor and Control Vendors and Procurements
- Handling Legal Issues
Closing the Project
- Deliver the Final Product
- Close Project Procurements
- Close a Project