Course Length: 2 Days
Learn to create effective data-driven reports and use the Power View, Power Map, and Power Query add-ins; build 3D geospatial reports using Power MapÂ® and transform and query data sources using Power Query.
This course is intended for experienced Excel users and Power BI Report Writers who want to create effective and advanced PivotTable and PivotChart reports.
The goal of this course is to develop PivotChart and PivotTable skills using datamodels created by advanced Power BI Designers
1 - Introducing Power BI for Excel
- What Is Power BI for Excel?
- Power BI Key Features
- The Self-Service Bi Model
- Power BI in Excel
- Power Pivot Add-In
- Using Power BI
2 - Defining a Report
- What is a Power BI Report?
- Defining a Report
- Data-Driven Storytelling
3 - Understanding PowerPivot Data
- Understanding Data Terminology
- Diagnosing Data Models
- Data Model Schemas
4 - Create Reports using PowerPivot Data
- Making Changes to PowerPivot Data
- Creating PowerPivot PivotTables
- Creating PowerPivot PivotCharts
- Creating Slicers
- Graphing Data
5 - Understanding PowerPivot Functions
- Calculated Columns
- What is DAX?
- Understanding DAX Functions
- Common DAX Functions
- Why are Dates Different?
- Understanding Hierarchies
- Dates & Date Functions
6 - Introducing Power BI Tools
- Microsoft's Self-Service Power BI Model
- What Is Power BI for Excel
7 - Power View for Excel
- What Is Power View?
- Creating Power View Reports
- Power View Interface Components
- Understanding Table Visualizations
- Chart Visualizations
- Power View Tiles, Slicers, & Multiples
8 - Power Map/3D Maps for Excel
- What Is 3D Map/Power Map?
- Preparing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
- 3D Maps/Power Map Designer
- 3D Maps/Power Map Formatting Tools
- Finalizing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
9 - BI Data Query Basics
- What Is a BI Data Query?
- Planning a BI Data Query
10 - Query Editor Transformations
- Basic Transformations
- Merging & Appending Queries
- Calculated Columns
- Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Unpivoting Data
- Dealing with Malformed Data
- Finalizing Queries