Course Length: 1 Day
This course introduces participants to the Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP). It provides a quick overview of the Google Cloud Platform and a deeper dive of the data processing capabilities.
Before enrolling in this course, participants should have roughly one (1) year of experience with one or more of the following:
A common query language such as SQL Extract, transform, load activities Data modeling Machine learning and/or statistics Programming in Python
This class is intended for the following:
- Data analysts, Data scientists, Business analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Individuals responsible for designing pipelines and architectures for data processing, creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models, querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports.
- Executives and IT decision makers evaluating Google Cloud Platform for use by data scientists.
This course teaches students the following skills:
- Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform.
- Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis.
- Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow.
- Employ ML APIs.
- Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform.
1 - Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Google Platform Fundamentals Overview.
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data Products.
2 - Compute and Storage Fundamentals
- CPUs on demand (Compute Engine).
- A global filesystem (Cloud Storage).
- Lab: Set up a Ingest-Transform-Publish data processing pipeline.
3 - Data Analytics on the Cloud
- Stepping-stones to the cloud.
- Cloud SQL: your SQL database on the cloud.
- Lab: Importing data into CloudSQL and running queries.
- Spark on Dataproc.
- Lab: Machine Learning Recommendations with Spark on Dataproc.
4 - Scaling Data Analysis
- Fast random access.
- Lab: Build machine learning dataset.
5 - Machine Learning
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow.
- Lab: Carry out ML with TensorFlow
- Pre-built models for common needs.
- Lab: Employ ML APIs.
6 - Data Processing Architectures
- Message-oriented architectures with Pub/Sub.
- Creating pipelines with Dataflow.
- Reference architecture for real-time and batch data processing.
7 - Summary
- Why GCP?
- Where to go from here
- Additional Resources