Course Length: 1 Day
This one-day course familiarizes the student with Power BI Online, which allows the student to intuitively discover and automate the import, transformation, and combination of data across a variety of data sources.
- The student should be familiar with Excel and the concepts of datasets and basic reporting.
- Understand and utilize Power BI Online.
- Understand and examine the differences between Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online.
- Understand and explore the Power BI Online interface.
- Understand and perform importing Excel worksheets, CSV, TXT, PBIX.
- Understand connecting to databases.
- Understand other forms of data.
- Understand data refresh.
- Understand and perform creating a new Power BI report.
- Understand and perform adding filters to a report.
- Understand and perform adding KP>s to a report.
- Understand and perform creating a Power BI dashboard.
- Understand and perform pinning tiles.
- Understand sharing reports and dashboards.
- Understand Power BI Mobile.
1 - COURSE OVERVIEW
- Course Materials
- What We'll Be Discussing
2 - INTRODUCTION TO POWER BI ONLINE
- What is Power BI Online
- Examining the Differences Between Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online
- Exploring the Power BI Online Interface
3 - IMPORTING DATA
- Utilizing Excel (.xlsx or .xlsm), Comma Separated Value (.csv), and Power BI Desktop (.pbix) Files
- Connecting to Databases
- Examining Other Forms of Data
- Understanding Data Refresh
4 - CREATING REPORTS
- Creating a New Power BI Report
- Adding Filters to a Power BI Report
- Adding KP>s to a Report
5 - CONFIGURING DASHBOARDS
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Pinning Tiles
6 - SHARING REPORTS AND DASHBOARDS
- Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Exploring Power BI Mobile