LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING SPECIFIC LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in a wide range of sectors to have some knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia.
• The general characteristics of Specific Learning Difficulties, alongside the specific characteristics of ADHD, ADD, dyslexia and dyscalculia
• How specific learning difficulties can affect children and adults in different ways
• The importance of early diagnosis
• The various assessment methods available to diagnose specific learning difficulties
• How individuals can be supported to gain, start and continue with study and employment