Handling Difficult Conversations
Course Code: COPING
Duration: ½ Day
How to produce positive outcomes from difficult situations.
This programme gives greater insight into human behaviour, identifying why some people are difficult and how to deal with different types of people problems.
This programme is for you if you need to understand, manage or prevent the potential development of situations involving aggression and conflict, or deal with difficult people.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
• Recognise the characteristics of difficult people
• Understand how to manage conflict better and gain a deeper appreciation of own style
• Demonstrate the essential skills and behaviours needed to deal with difficult situations and people
• Learn techniques to identify and change behaviour – both your own and others
• Learn how to communicate in difficult situations
• Learn effective techniques to plan and prepare the conversation