TRAINEESHIP: PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
A Traineeship is an education and training programme designed to give those aged 16-24, the skills and experience that they need to progress into employment. The main aims are to give the Trainee a high-quality work experience placement, work preparation training and English and Maths development if required. A Traineeship will give the young person the skills and experience that employers are looking for, helping them to secure an apprenticeship or other employment in the near future.
- Allows an employer to work with a young person to ensure that they are Apprenticeship ready.
- Allows businesses to harness and nurture local talent.
- Brings fresh ideas and enthusiasm.
- Supports the development of existing employee’s coaching and mentoring skills.
- Provides extra support during busy periods.
- Companies that decide to offer an apprenticeship to a Trainee after their programme will be eligible for a £1000 employer incentive.
- Understanding the workplace
- Confidence building
- Communication skills
- Developing workplace behaviours
- Maths and English skills
- Support, review and feedback